nesting * geeking * critiquing

My Super Star Wars Christmas

I’ve never known a disappointing Christmas; this year was no different. And like most of my last 27 or so Christmases, this one had a decidedly “galaxy far, far away” flair. There were other gifts, too, among them clothes and DVDs (I love me some Bob Newhart) and some Catching Fire goodies.

DSC_3630The 31-inch Vader figure is courtesy of my parents—the knitted winter cap they found adds a nice touch, don’t you think?
Severus (whose name is changed to protect the innocent) supplied the rest. The Slave 1 is probably one of the best ship sculpts I’ve ever seen, and the vintage-inspired packaging makes me happier than Boba Fett disintegrating people. Well, maybe not quite that happy, but close.
In front of it rests a SW candy cane and some little food utensils. There’s also a Han Solo in Carbonite chocolate bar…most definitely some form of torture. How can you eat something that looks that cool???
Much to my husband’s chagrin, the HerUniverse Imperial tank top will perfectly showcase my tattoo when I get it later this year. Oh, and the “talking” Tauntaun gives me a good chuckle.

On the far left is the pièce de résistance. Unbeknownst to me, Severus staged a photo shoot with some of my toys and crafted for me a picture bouquet. The envelope sticking up in the middle? Tickets to Star Wars Celebration 2015!!! Talk about a huge surprise, we hadn’t even discussed going. Now I have about 15 months to prepare myself. 🙂

What cool Star Wars swag did you get this year?

Advertisements

10 responses

1. Reblogged this on D.E. Cantor and commented:
    Bob Newhart + Darth Vader in a Santa Cap = Great Blog

1.3.2014 at 8:00 pm

• These are a few of my favorite things… Thanks for the reblog!

1.6.2014 at 10:12 am

2. I agree with D.E. Cantor’s comment. Anything that can combine Star Wars and Bob Newhart, genuinely rocks! Sounds like quite an awesome Christmas!

1.3.2014 at 8:55 pm

• You’re kind 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!

1.6.2014 at 10:11 am

3. boog3rsugar

Reblogged this on Jessie Spencer's Blogspot.

1.3.2014 at 9:58 pm

4. I am saving up for Celebration! Hopefully I’ll get to go 🙂 Now I just need to convince my husband…they should have a section devoted to tag along spouses who are just there to support their significant other.

What tattoo are you going to get and where? Did you see my post on my rebel insignia? I do love it and don’t regret it (at least, not yet haha).

1.6.2014 at 9:51 am

• I love the tag-along hangout idea! We’re lucky to have husbands who are such good sports about the geekdom 🙂
      Re: the tattoo, I’m going for something along these lines (hope that link works!). One of my friends has a tattoo artist brother-in-law who has agreed to do it. Severus isn’t super excited about the idea of my getting inked, but I’ve wanted to for a long time. Honestly the only things holding me back are a low pain tolerance and concern that the nursing home people will be mean to me when I’m an old lady with a saggy stormtrooper on my shoulder lol.

1.6.2014 at 10:11 am

5. Lol…when you’re that old and in a nursing home, I think clothing will be covering most of your skin so they prob won’t see it. That’s how I rationalized it to myself.
    My hubby has 7 tattoos, so for him to say anything would be completely hypocritical. Where are you thinking of getting it? I got it on the ribs and I have a friend who has one on her foot and ribs (both are painful places to get one), and she said the ribs hurt way worse. Haha.

1.6.2014 at 10:36 am

• Good rationalization. I had hoped to get it done over Christmas break but timing didn’t work out. May not muster the courage until later in the year…or I might have a bout of compulsiveness when the weather starts getting warmer again. Not sure, but you’ll hear it here first!
      And seeing your post awhile back actually helped me solidify the notion that I want one. I figure it’s *got* to be less painful than the placement of yours and you survived just fine 🙂

1.6.2014 at 10:48 am

6. Oh, I meant to say that I like the design. The worn stormtrooper look is nice, kind of reminiscent of my tattoo that’s all worn looking as well.

1.6.2014 at 10:37 am

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s